Born in Fort Lauderdale, FL in 2010, Orangetheory Fitness is a leading fitness chain with locations across the country. Featuring a scientific approach to fitness that employs heart-rate technology to challenge you in real time – all while you work out in a positive atmosphere with helpful staff – the franchise will have 20 fitness destinations available in Houston by the end of 2018.
As December is typically a month when class attendance is low because of holiday festivities, the Orangetheory Fitness branches across Houston sought to keep members involved and attentive to their fitness needs throughout the holidays. This was coupled with a desire to increase overall visibility for the brand by raising money for a worthy charity in need during the holiday season.
- Created “Torture the Trainer” event so people could donate money to see their favorite trainers do one of five excruciating exercises: a burpee, push-up, pop jack, palms to elbows, or jump squat.
- Organized live social media event to improve engagement and follower count
- Developed public relations campaign to promote the fundraising opportunity and related charities
- Raised $20,675 in 2016 for Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Raised $53,498 in 2017 for Make-A-Wish Foundation (enough to grant SIX wishes)
- 1,054,833 media impressions in 2016 from two media stories
- 2,232,318 media impressions in 2017 from three media stories
2016 “Torture the Trainer” Campaign
- Public Relations Society of America HoustonChapter: 2017 Silver Excalibur Award Integrated Communications
- International Association of Business Communicators: 2017 Bronze Quill Award of Excellence Customer Relations
2017 “Torture the Trainer” Campaign
- American Marketing Association HoustonChapter: 2018 Crystal Award Social Media Campaign Non-profit
- American Marketing Association HoustonChapter: 2018 Crystal Award PR Campaign Non-profit, charity, cause
- International Association of Business Communicators: 2018 Bronze Quill Award Corporate Social Responsibility
- International Association of Business Communicators: 2018 Bronze Quill Award Non-profit campaign