Much like our football loving friends in the advertising industry enjoyed Super Bowl Sunday, we’re all over ourselves when the fashion and social media worlds collide. It’s always inspiring to see how different entrepreneurs utilize these mediums – see how marketers of late have been doing it big with our favorite social media tools.
NY Fashion week
Remember the awesomeness that was Burberry’s tweetwalk ? Last September, the classic brand took a social media step forward and posted incoming runway fashions to the Twitterverse seconds before they previewed, giving their followers a stylish scoop. That being said, for this year’s fashion week, most brands have gotten the clue and stepped up their social media game.
- Brands like Rebecca Minkoff, Jill Stuart, Betsy Johnson, Vera Wang and more will be live streaming their shows on the Live from the Runway channel, sponsored by YouTube.
- @MBFashionWeek – the official New York Fashion Week account – will be using hashtags such as #nyfw and #mbfw to monitor conversations – jump on in!
- Speaking of Twitter, noted fashionistas such as @oscarprgirl will of course be continuing their repertoire of fashion themed tweets, and posts – As she’s an avid Instagram user, there’s sure to be some great finds within her stream
See a great list of Live streams on Youtube, plus, Tumblr, Twitter and Instagram accounts to follow!
Accessory Auctions – Buy the cutest accessories on Facebook!
While the idea of selling things via Facebook is not completely new, Accessory Auctions caught our eye as we watched their merchandise fly off their shelves last week! With several of our associates being closely connected to Austin, TX, the store’s concept has proven to be an effective tool for the store to move merchandise quickly – here’s how it works.
- “Like” the Accessory Auctions page on Facebook
- Every Monday at 8 pm CST they post pictures of new items – pricing, quantities and descriptions vary
- If you see an item you want, comment on the picture with the following details: SOLD, your email address, and quantity desired
- Bids are first come, first serve. If you win an item you receive a PayPal invoice the next day and then have 24 hours to log in to your PayPal account.
Such a simple, innovative idea – we love it! Be sure to tune in for tonight’s sale!