The Golden Globes are always covered by numerous social media accounts, and this year’s award ceremony was no different. Let’s be real, the actors and actresses are hoping to win so much more than just a heavy trophy that makes their biceps look good. They’re competing for who wore it best, trending Twitter names, who has the best seat in the house, who makes the funniest on-stage jokes, and the list goes on. Here are Integrate Public Relations‘ real “winners” of the night.
1. Emma Thompson – The woman literally jogged down the red carpet, Louboutins in hand, and still looked flawless. She then went on to deliver an award once again with her shoes in one hand and a martini in the other. Let’s just say hanging with Emma Thompson has made the IPR bucket list.
2. Gabourey Sidibe – She took it upon herself to respond to her haters with this tweet.
3. The Twitter frenzy of things shorter than the walk to the Golden Globes podium. This just proves that every moment can be a PR moment.
4. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler – Their intro was spectacular and hilarious. Their chemistry is undeniable. Truly the entire thing should just be described as #Winning. But our favorite moments were when Matt Damon was compared to a garbage man (we hope Damon is garbage man at our new office), and when Amy Poehler made out with Bono.
5. Tina Fey’s subtle jab at Taylor Swift was tasteful yet hilarious. If you missed the back story for this jab checkout the article on Hollywood Life about the joke’s history.
6. Acceptance speeches are difficult. You can’t be too emotional or take too long, like Jacqueline Bisset, but you can’t be too passé either. Our winners of the acceptance speeches were Jennifer Lawrence and Matthew McConaughey.
7. As usual, we were drooling over the fashion. Cate Blanchett, Lupita Nyong’o and Mila Kunis all looked phenomenal. Check out their red carpet looks in this wrap-up of bests and worsts.
8. Jennifer Lawrence – Everyone on the IPR team wants to be best friends with JLaw, and she never disappoints. We would expect nothing less than a Taylor Swift photobomb.
9. Julia Louis-Dreyfus – She turned downed taking a selfie with Reese Witherspoon and chowed down on a hotdog during the ceremony.
10. The fact that the entire red carpet was covered in sewage just hours before the event. We can only imagine the PR disaster that may have happened if it hadn’t gotten cleaned up in time for everyone’s arrivals.
This concludes our Golden Globes “winners” list. Share your winners and favorite moments from this year’s Golden Globes with us on Facebook and Twitter.