It’s the season of love in the ATX. Tired of going on dates to a restaurant or the movie theater? In a city like Austin, the possibilities are endless! Try these fun date ideas with your main squeeze.
- BYOB mini golf at Peter Pan – grab a six-pack and relive your childhood days with 18 nostalgic, themed holes. Nothing more romantic than a little healthy competition!
- Two Stepping at Broken Spoke – put on your cowboy boots for an unforgettable night of country dancing at this historic honky-tonk dive.
- Catch a flick at Blue Starlite Drive-in – time travel back to the 1950’s at this old-time drive-in that shows classics. On Valentine’s night, they’re showing The Princess Bride, Casablanca and the Bride of Frankenstein!
- Karaoke at Hi Tunes – belt out your favorite songs together and laugh at how bad you both sound, — is there a better ice breaker?.
- Picnic at Mount Bonnell – if you’re looking to up your romance game, take a short climb to the top of the “mountain” to enjoy marvelous views and a DIY picnic.
- Paddle Boarding on Lady Bird Lake – get a nice workout, cool off in the water and enjoy the beautiful view of Austin right on the lake. Bonus points if you knock your significant other off their board.
- Enjoy a Comedy Sketch – with places like Hideout Theatre, Velveeta Room, Coldtown, Esther’s Follies and Cap City Comedy Club, you’ve got some great places to choose from.
- Swimming and sightseeing at Hamilton Pool – once the Texas heat comes back, Hamilton Pool is the perfect place to take a dip while taking pics that look like they belong on a postcard.
- iFLY Indoor Skydiving – experience the thrill of skydiving without jumping out of a plane at the indoor skydiving facility located in North Austin. This one is for thrill seekers!
- Game Night at The Goodnight – enjoy an adults-only gaming spot that will bring you back to your childhood days with bowling, billiards and more games. Plus, there’s a full bar and patio!
What are some of your favorite date spots in Austin? Let us know in the comments below!